Business of Pursuits Pty Ltd t/as naveze (ABN 97 613 678 578)
Business of Pursuits Pty Ltd t/as Naveze (naveze, we, us, our), understands that privacy is important for individuals.
Collection of Personal Information
The kinds of data we collect, the way we collect it and our purpose of doing so depends on the individual from whom we collect it and the nature of our interaction with that person. Broadly, the individuals we collect information from can be grouped into the following main categories:
- customers, staff and representatives of customers who require or purchase our services;
- users of the naveze website and mobile application;
- users and attendees of the locations & location/events in respect of which we create mobile applications for visitors;
- suppliers of goods and services to naveze and/or naveze’s customers that we manage for our customers.
We receive, collect, store and use personal information to enhance the user-experience, optimise and facilitate the provision and offering of our services and analyse the effectiveness of our mobile applications we create for our customers.
Less commonly, we also collect some “sensitive” information, so that we can provide culturally sensitive and appropriate services such as the ethnic and religious identity of a user or an attendee of an location/event or certain health information – so that we can, for example, arrange for appropriate food and beverage to be supplied to that person at a function, or facilities to accommodate health conditions, such as disability or impairment.
The Data and the Ways of Collection
- You provide personal information to us. This information is collected in a number of ways, including when you enter it when using our website, mobile application, subscription and services, call or communicate with us directly or participate in our workshops and webinars, and includes:
- Address or postal code
- Email address
- Phone or mobile number
- Payment method
- Service preferences
- Ethnic and religious information
- Health conditions
- Marital information
- Information when you choose to provide ratings, feedback and account settings.
- Data collected automatically. This information is collected automatically using IT resources when you use or access our website, mobile application, subscription services, location/event mobile applications, emails, online workshops and webinars or browse for our services. Such information includes:
- Login date and time
- Session time and duration
- Pages visited
- IP address
- Browser type
- Devices you use such as mobile, tablet, desktop
- Operating system
- Technical information to identify you and log your use
- Location information and geolocation if it’s enabled on your device
- Referring website(s)
- Your interactions with our emails and website
- Location data
- Data provided by third parties. Third parties, such as our IT service providers, your Internet service provider, advertising and marketing agents, our customers, data providers, third party websites and applications and payment service providers may provide your personal information to us. Such information includes:
- Contact, email, name and other personal identification information
- Your health conditions, marital, religious and ethnic information.
- Information about the website content which you have accessed, browsed or enquired about.
- Your service preferences, product preferences, browsing preferences and searches.
- Your location, IP address, device and other technical information.
- Aggregated demographic, interest based, and online advertising related data provided by online and offline data providers;
- Information from publicly available posts on social media accounts and from public databases.
Purpose of Collection and Use of Information
We collect personal information in order to facilitate the creation of location/event mobile applications for customers, customise and enhance user-experience for the location/event mobile applications and “naveze” mobile application and website, customise and tailor supplier services featured on the location/event mobile applications, provide and customise our subscription services, offer and supply services and to manage our business relationships with customers, suppliers and users.
We use your information to provide, analyse, administer, enhance, and personalise our mobile applications and marketing efforts, to promote and offer services of suppliers featured on location/event mobile applications, process registration of a customer account, orders and payments and to communicate with you.
More specifically, we use such information to:
- Create and develop location/event mobile applications for customers;
- Facilitate the registration of and manage customer accounts and subscriptions;
- Understand your preferences for supplier services featured on our mobile applications;
- Process your order, supply, maintain and improve our services and products, website, mobile applications, social media accounts and other information about us and our services and products;
- Promote naveze mobile application and services, websites and social media;
- Determine your internet service provider to support network troubleshooting for you and help us address your enquiries and requests;
- Determine your general geographic location and provide personalised content;
- Secure our systems and websites, prevent fraud and help us protect the security of customer accounts;
- Customise and personalise your experience, preferences and interests when you access our website or mobile application, advertising and other content about location/events for which location/event mobile applications have been created;
- Analyse and understand our audience, improve our services and optimise content selection;
- Contact you and provide information that you may request or wish to receive or may be interested in receiving.
Disclosure of Information
We will disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, such as:
- Our customers and service providers featured on location/event mobile applications. These third parties may have access to your personal information for the purpose of organising, managing and delivering a specific location/event, provide services and supply goods, collect and analyse preferences of users of an location/event mobile application and attendees of the location/event.
- Contractors and service providers. We use external contractors to host, maintain and manage our IT system and database, to provide marketing, advertising, communications, security and infrastructure, to customise, personalise and optimise our website and mobile application, to process payment transactions, to provide customer service, to analyse and enhance data. These service providers may have access to your personal information. We only authorise them to use such information as necessary for the provision of their services to us.
- Disclosure to overseas parties. Ordinarily we will not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. Google Analytics collects web traffic information when you visit our website. Google stores such information across multiple countries.
To protect the personal information we disclose we require a customer, contractor or a service provider to enter into a contract with us which requires them to be compliant with privacy laws and only use or disclose the information for the purposes of the contract. We note however that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
Storage of Information and Security
We securely store your personal information on “cloud”-based technology servers using third party providers.
We use up-to-date virus software and prevention technology, password security and firewalls for our computer systems and websites. We implement IT and administrative internal protocols and keep our IT service providers accountable.
We also conduct routine assessments of the risk of misuse, interference, loss of and unauthorised access to personal information we keep and take measures to address such risks.
We use a combination of physical, administrative, internal protocols and policies, virus prevention and other IT security measures to exclude unauthorised access to your personal information and safeguard such information against loss, theft, use and modification. We maintain a level of security appropriate to the risks of handling your personal information.
Given the nature of our services, it is not normally appropriate for individuals to remain anonymous in their dealings with naveze. For professional, legal and confidentiality reasons, we need to know the identity of the people we are dealing with at all times.
Use of our website would not normally involve our collection of personal information identifying the individual – unless the browser sends us an email via our website with identifying information in it.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect and keep is up-to-date, accurate and complete.
We encourage individuals to let us know if they become aware that the personal information we hold is inaccurate. We will respond promptly to any request for correction of information and will correct any data that is found to be inaccurate.
Retention of Information
Access to and Correction of Information
You have the right to ask for access to your personal information or ask that we correct that personal information. Please note that in some circumstances it may be lawful for us to refuse to give access to some or all the information we hold.
To gain access to personal information we hold about an individual, to correct or to make a complaint about privacy, we ask that the individual contact us:
- by email to email@example.com; or
- by mail to The Privacy Officer, Business of Pursuits Pty Ltd t/as naveze, 7 Archer Street, Rockhampton QD 4700.
We will not charge for access. We will provide an initial response within 30 days.
If we determine to grant access, we will either send you a copy of the information we hold or will allow you to inspect original materials at our office.
Once you make a request, we will give you access to your personal information, and take reasonable steps to correct it if we consider it is incorrect, unless there is a law that allows or requires us not to. We may ask you provide additional information in order to verify your identity before we give you access to your information or correct it.
If we decide to refuse to give you access to, or correct, your personal information, we will notify you in writing and provide the reasons for our decision. If we refuse to correct your personal information, you can request that we attach a statement which sets out what information you believe to be incorrect and why.
If we have disclosed the incorrect information to third parties, you can ask us to notify them about the correction. We must do so unless there is a valid reason not to.
For enquiries about our approach to privacy, our use of your personal information, requests for access to personal information we hold, and complaints, please contact our Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: 8 February 2021